Peer Recovery Initiated in Medical Establishments + HCV/HIV Testing and Linkage to Treatment
– PRIME+ peers work with people who are at risk of or receiving treatment for overdose, infection or other health issues related to substance use.
– PRIME+ peers engage people who may be out of treatment and who are at varying stages of change, using a harm reduction approach.
What do PRIME+ Peers provide?
- Linkage to substance use treatment and recovery supports
- Linkage to physical health care
- Support for hepatitis C testing and treatment
- Access to community resources to meet basic needs
- Support for signing up for health insurance (OHP)
- Access to harm reduction supplies like safer use kits and naloxone
- Emotional and crisis support
Locate and contact the nearest medical facilty near you on the map. Ask to be connected with a PRIME + Peer! You do not need a doctor to refer you to this program.